Need help? Try our FAQ's below to see if we have the answer right away.
ICEdot Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if the process is activated by mistake or whilst testing the service?
Simple. Deactivate the emergency countdown by sliding the slider on your phone. You can configure the countdown from 12 seconds to 2 minutes.
I already have a PIN number and my new product has a different one. Should I have the same PIN?
PINs are for products and you will have a different PIN for each product. When you activate an ICEdot product you do so by activating the PIN on that specific product and then either create a new account or login to your existing account and specify which profile should get the new product.
I already have an account and I am adding a new product that came with a one year membership. Will I get credit for the additional year?
Yes. Each time you activate a new product we credit your account profile for an additional year of service. If you purchased a Crash Sensor and a Band, you’ll have two years of ICEdot service.
What happens if I do not have cell phone service and the Crash Sensor goes off?
Our device will still alert the app on your phone of an incident but our app, without a connection, will not be able to alert your emergency contacts and share your coordinates.
I bought a Crash Sensor but am not able to get it to connect to my phone. What do I do?
- Make sure you have charged your Crash Sensor – 4 hours is recommended.
- Make sure you have your Bluetooth turned on. This is done in the “Settings” on your phone.
- Confirm you have an iPhone 4s or later running the latest iOS. You can tell if you have the latest iOS in your settings, it will tell you if there is a newer version of iOS.
- Make sure you have downloaded the ICEdot app from the Apple store. There is another ICEdot Medic app, this is a different app and not applicable to the Crash Sensor.
- When selecting your Crash Sensor, give it a good shake.
- If the sensor has been charged for a longer period or experienced a power surge, the protective circuitry may have shut down functions preventing it from appearing as available to avoid overheating. Let it sit overnight and it should return to normal function.
- If the above has not resolved your problems you can reset your sensor by plugging it in for 10 to 20 seconds, unplug it and retry the connection process.
I want to test the Crash Sensor without breaking my helmet. How can I do that?
Hold it in your hand and try snapping your wrist, the rebound and rotation of a strong snap are often strong enough forces to trigger the sensor. Just make sure you deactivate the countdown or warn you emergency contacts.
The Crash Sensor is not reporting my GPS coordinates. What’s wrong?
The ICEdot app needs permission to use your location data to pull and report your GPS data. You can make sure this is on by going to your settings, selecting privacy, then locations services and ensuring the slider is set to “on” for ICEdot.
“What is included in the ICEdot membership?”
ICEdot membership is $10 per year, per person. Each product comes with a one year membership included. If you simply sign up for an ICEdot membership, you will receive our member kit, which is a Premium Sticker Pack.
“Can I create multiple ICE profiles on my account?”
Yes. An account can have multiple ICE profiles.
“How do I upload a photo?”
After you create your ICE Profile you’ll see your name(s) on the ICE Profiles page.On the left of your name(s) on your ICE Profile page there is a button that reads, “Upload a photo” click on that. It will allow you to “choose a file” from your computer. Find an image on your computer and select it. Then click on “Upload photo.” It may take a few seconds but your photo should appear next to your name.